So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

The magpie effect

You know, when something bright and shiny catches your eye and you just have to pursue it?  In my case, it's fabric colours and combinations.  I had no sooner posted my first quarter goals, when I was distracted by some charm squares on my cutting table.  Having a challenge to produce baby boy preemie quilts for the Blue Mountain Quilters Guild's next meeting, I jumped right in!  Before last Saturday was over I had produced a quilt top.
It took me the week to find time to quilt it and then I finished the binding yesterday.
The quilting in the white spaces was inspired by a design in Christina Cameli's (a few scraps) new book

Untitled

My inspiration

I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for some very good designs, well explained in Christina's wonderful clear manner, definitely a great reference book.

This was actually the second boy quilt I made this year. I finally made a quilt from my Disappearing 4 Patch tutorial that used more than 4 blocks! I kept the colours subtle to keep it soft and soothing, and I also kept the quilting to a minimum, although I did use it as a practice piece for stitching in the ditch.


Happy quilting! Janet

7 comments:

elle said...

Ah! I have been thinking of this book! Now who shall I ask to see if I have been good??? ;-)

Renate said...

So this is what happens when you see something bright and shiny hey? I've got two shelves full of bright "stuff" you can come play with here if you like. BTW stopped by Christina's blog...very interesting.

Marlene said...

Love your little quilt=design, colours and the quilting. I have Christina's books and also have her Craftsy class. She has easy to follow instructions and her designs are 'doable' for all quilters. I too would recommend her book.

Beth said...

I have to go check out that book. Love that spindle quilting. As always a beautiful finished quilt.

Barb Neiwert said...

Thanks for sharing that quilt and your quilting on it. I meant to check out Christina's book and forgot. Now I will!

Peggy said...

Wow, and again I say Wow! Your quilts and quilting leave me in awe!

Vicki Miller said...

You are keeping very busy!