So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Still waiting

after having a few days of wonderful weather last week, we reverted to cold and wet and dreary for the weekend.  That should make for some good stitching weather, but unfortunately, I'm feeling about the same way as the weather :(   Darn spring cold!  Today has been a crazy day - torrential rain at lunch time, and now we've got some sun.  On top of my cold, the pressure changes are giving me a headache.  ah well, there's always something, right?

I haven't updated on my retreat a few weekends ago - it was great!  I went with one main goal - to make some progress on my pineapple blossom quilt, which I did!  Yay me!

The main part of the top is now done, just contemplating whether or not there will be borders and what they might look like.  Here's what it looks like at the moment.
Pineapple Stars

And what's the fun of a retreat if you don't start at least 1 new project?  I out did myself, and now have 3 new WIPs to shuffle around, but I'll save them for another post.

I also haven't shown my finished Hugs and Kisses - here it is on the guest bed

X&O2
X&O3

and, I've got a new challenge to work on through the Modern Quilt Guild  -a Michael Miller Fabric challenge - aren't these some lovelies?  I've got some ideas brewing...



I'm linking up to The Needle and Thread Network this week - go see what my fellow Canadian crafters are working on this week! Also linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Happy quilting!

16 comments:

Kate said...

Retreats are such fun. Good friends and some quilting what could be better.
Love your pineapples.

elle said...

You always have such great colour combos. Yes, I am on a mission to finish things and I also have a few more wips! We are getting unspring like weather as well. Hopefully no sniffles though.

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

That is one very nice quilt on the guest bed! Lucky guests who get to sleep under that! And I really like the colors you chose for your pinepapple blossom.

momiji said...

Wow--the pineapple quilt is looking wonderful, and I'm waiting with great anticipation for photos of the other new quilts in progress!

Anonymous said...

That pineapple quilt is breathtaking! Love the color combinations.

Glad to hear you had a productive retreat! Aren't new works-in-progress the best?

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Beautiful colour combinations o your Pineapple Blossom quilt and I love your Michael Miller fabrics - what fun they will be to work with.

Jeanette said...

I like the pineapple quilt as it is, without borders. It looks fantastic, and is large enough right now-great colors.

audrey said...

Your Pineapple blossom quilt is DIVINE. Totally yum! The colors, the fabrics, everything!

Peggy said...

Ooh, love both of those quilts!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I have to get to a retreat!! I love your quilts in this post...just gorgeous!!!!

Tanyia said...

love what you have going on, that Pineapple blossom is stunning, I love the block and your colors totally make it stand out in all the right ways!

Stopping by from Lee's hop http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/05/wip-wednesday-may-7th.html

Beth said...

My goodness!!! the pineapple top is so amazing. Love it!
The hugs quilt I really have to make one.

Maggi said...

The pineapple quilt is beautiful and I love the Hugs and Kisses. I bet you have guests lining up to sleep in your guest bed.

Vicki Miller said...

I love your pineapple quilt, the fabrics are so dramatic. I know it will be glorious when you finish it!

Lorette said...

Beautiful pineapple quilt! Fun fabrics!!! Sounds like this retreat was a productive one!

dutchcomfort said...

The pineapple quilt is so beautiful Janet!