So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Flowers in the Cathedral

I just got back from my LQS - The Needle and I Quilt Shop where I was picking up my entry from their annual quilt challenge.  In keeping with their third anniversary, it was a 3D challenge.  We were given a challenge fabric that had to appear in the quilt top, and there had to be 3D elements in the quilt.

challenge fabric
the challenge fabric

I decided to do some faux cathedral window blocks, with 3D flowers in the centre, and a piped binding.

2

Of course, I then proceeded to quilt the c#%$# out of it, quilt it densely, as usual!

Flowers in the Cathedral

There was viewer's choice voting, and my little Flowers in the Cathedral placed second - so I was also picking up my prize - doesn't this look fun?
a book, charm pack, two spools of thread and a gift certificate which I've already spent :)

There were some wonderful entries, check out the other winners here.

In other news this week, I received my copy of The Canadian Quilter newsletter, put out quarterly by the Canadian Quilters' Association (CQA).  I was expecting to see my Flowers for Cynthia quilt in the National Juried Show program, I just wasn't expecting to see it in the newsletter, not just once, but twice!  That was a really nice surprise!

2

Happy quilting!

7 comments:

Beth said...

I would have given you flowers in the cathedral 1st place all the way! What could have been better?
Congrats!
Also enjoy those goodies.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Yay! Congratulations, Janet!

trudys_person said...

Congratulations on your win Janet! I love your little quilt!

Maggi said...

Congratulations on you viewers' choice prize. The quilt is beautiful.

Lisa said...

Janet, congratulations! your work is always prize worthy! beautiful work!!!

Joan said...

Congratulations - well deserved too :)