So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

It was another beautiful day today

We went out for lunch and had a great visit with a friend visiting from out of town, and I managed to fit a bit of work in on "The Quilt".  I've decided I do like the interlocking boxes - and I am getting a little neater with them,  but they still have "character"!
detail - a little neater than the first effort
and I now have 15 of the 88 blocks done.
;15 of 88 blocks done 
Let's see, at 10 minutes a block, that's 730 minutes or about 12 hours of quilting still to go!  Yikes!  Breathe deep, and just think about doing it in little chunks.  Just 10 minutes and another block is done - easy, right?  I'll be done in no time!

Linking up to
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations 
this week!


(If you're new here, or just want to refresh your memory about "The Quilt", please see this and this and this earlier post about this quilt.  The pattern I used is Color Cues by Amy Walsh of Blue Underground, from the  April 2010, Issue #103, of American Patchwork and Quilting, enlarged to ~95"x97")

Happy quilting!

12 comments:

Rebecca Lynne said...

Oh My - I can't believe you did the math in regards to how many hours you have left. Eeeek. First, I'm horrible at math. Secondly, if I was smart enough to calculate the math I am sure I would not complete 90% of what I start! In fact, this explains why I am always telling the Mr. "it'll only take an hour for me to finish this bit" and 3 hours later I am still at it! Thank you so much for sharing...

Calicojoan said...

Perfect quilting for a perfect quilt. It will all be worth it when it's done! :-)

Vicki Miller said...

so many blocks! But your colours are so beautiful. I love modern quilts, but I don't love making them. I am just not patient enough

Beth said...

The quilting is looking so great! I think you better just think about one block at a time, it doesn't seem as overwhelming that way.
The Blue Underground designers are coming to the shop I work in for a book signing soon. Did you know they have a book coming out? I am excited!!

Beverly said...

This is looking like a gorgeous quilt, I have no doubt the recipients will love it. I'm loving how all those colors play off each other!

Jessica said...

what a cool and unique quilting pattern, love it

Gina said...

I've been wanting to make a large bed quilt but didn't think it was possible to quilt it without some big arm space ... but you're doing such a fabulous job of it! And such a beautiful quilt too!

Megan said...

Great quilt--the quilting looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

Lisa said...

Love the quilting pattern.. not such a nice weather weekend here but time to be in the studio!

Leanne said...

I love your quilting and the quilt! The cool thing about your math is that one day soon you are going to be finished and you will say, wow, how fast those 730 minutes passed by. I find that quilting the bigger quilts does go faster over time, as you find the rhythm and you just know the pattern and the tricks of turning and manhandling the quilt itself.

Renate said...

What a wonderful looking quilt for the newly weds. By the time it is done you will have figured out the different ways to shove, push, pull and load it through your domestic machine! Say I have one that I could give you to keep up the practice if you like? (snicker)

Maggi said...

I think short bursts is a good idea - 12 hours sounds daunting when said in one breath.