So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's a secret

I can't show the whole thing just yet, but I can give you a little tease. 

The Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild has been participating in the Robert Kaufman Kona challenge.  (click here to see other wonderfully creative quilts!)  We all received charm packs of the Kona darks - a real challenge!  And were told to make a quilt - we could add any fabric we liked as long as the charms remained the focus of the quilt.  I had an idea right from the start, and got going on it
at a Blue Mountain Quilters Guild retreat.  When I described what I was planning on doing, the first comment I heard was "There's drugs for that you know" and the second was "Insanity"  So my working title on this piece is "There's Drugs for That - the Little Pill of Insanity".
Well, I'm happy to report that the quilt top is finished (we don't actually have to have it quilted by the June meeting) and that I'm still here and not safely ensconced in a nicely padded room some where.

It was  a lot of fun, and I have to say I am very happy with how it turned out.  The full reveal will happen after the meeting on June 16, so stay tuned!

Happy quilting!

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Ohhh wow, this will be beautiful Janet!
I’ve seen more posts about the Jona challenge of the VMQG, so I guess you know some of my favourite bloggers in real life!

dutchcomfort said...

Of course I meant the Kona challenge. Still sleepy eyes I guess!

Beverly said...

Oooh, I really like what you've shown. I have no doubt your marvelous quilting will add to this!

Beth said...

Can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Poppyprint said...

I'll be there for the big reveal!!! I can't wait to see what gorgeous quilt you've created.

2ne said...

Would love to see this finiched :-)

Holly said...

What a fun sneak peek! Looking forward to seeing the whole quilt at our June 16th meeting!

Calicojoan said...

Looks intriguing can't wait to see the end results! So far I love it!!!

PatchworkPottery said...

It must feel great to have a piece larger than a fingernail once more ;o)

Arita said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. I just about have mine completed!