So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December...

I can't believe it has already arrived!  Before you know it, it will be 2015!  
I'm not sure I can think about that just yet...
What I can think about is that we have a beautiful clear cold winter day with snow on the ground!  Not a lot as we don't get a lot here in the Vancouver area, but with the sun shining it is pretty today.

snowflake postcards
taken in the shade as the sun was so bright everything was burning out!
It is also the perfect segue to the Snowflake post card exchange hosted by Brandy Lynn at Brandy Lynn Designs and the host of Canadian Quilt Talk podcast.  While signups are now closed, I had a lot of fun coming up with my postcards.  A little improv curved piecing, some fussy cut houses and some sparkly fabric and thread, bound with a wonderful bumpy yarn around the edges that just reminds me of snow drifts!

pc2      pc1
I'll get my partners' names tomorrow and then these will be in the mail before the end of the week to make sure they reach their owners well before Christmas!

I also wanted to remind everyone that registration is open for Quilt Canada 2015 in Lethbridge AB.  This is a wonderful opportunity to take in some incredible workshops with both amazing Canadian teachers, or with some incredible international talent!  I've signed up for a couple of workshops with Cindy Needham, there are some with Weeks Ringle, who is also doing the keynote lecture on the Friday night, as well as some wonderful ones with Karen Henry, Margie Davidson, Joanne Flamand and Kathy Tisdwell.  If you're like me, you will have a hard time deciding just who to spend your time with!  I can't wait to explore the talent in the National Juried show, too!  The Call for Entries is now open! I'm still working on what I'm going to submit this year - what about you?

And, in further CQA/ACC news, our President, Jackie White, was a guest blogger on the Generation Q blog on December 1, and was talking about the CQA/ACC It's Time for Colour travelling quilt show - see her post here.  My entry, Whirligig, was featured in the post, along with a couple of others - pretty cool!

Only a few pictures and lots of links this time, and here's another link for you - to The Needle and Thread Network, where I'm linking up this week. Go see what other Canadian Textile artists are up to!

Happy quilting!
Janet

16 comments:

In stitches and seams said...

great post cards! Boy you will be busy with all those classes.
in stitches
Annette

Peg's Place said...

Oh my! Such beautiful cards! I also am hoping that one will be falling gently in my mailbox! My colours too!

Sandi said...

Your postcards are lovely, the navy snowflake fabric is great! I adore snowflake fabrics.

The sparkly thread/yard with the bobbles is interesting, where did you find it?

Hope you get some great ones back.

rtquilter said...

These are really pretty Janet- so much fun!

sherry said...

lovely postcards…i have signed up for the cindy need ham classes also…so we will get to meet

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Great postcards, Janet! And thank your lucky stars you don’t get much snow..lol

Anita said...

Oh my goodness! Your postcards are gorgeous!

Lorette said...

Great looking postcards! You'll have a wonderful time in all those classes.

Kate said...

Your postcards are beautiful!

Maggi said...

Love those postcards and I'm now off to spend some time browsing through the links, thank you.

Lynette said...

Gosh, these are so pretty! Each detail is fantastic - I love the bumpy yarn around the edges.

Gina said...

Your postcards are beautiful! And the trim looks just like snow has fallen on them. I've been following your links; wish I could see the cross-country tour and your beautiful quilt in person. And I've been drooling over Quilt Canada and all it offers, what a great combo of quilts and tour of Waterton National Park!

Karen Ackva said...

Love the postcard quilts!! They fit well wirh the snow! I wish we had snow too! Enjoy the classes. It is always fun to learn something new.

Beth said...

So beautiful. Small pieces of art for sure.

JB said...

Your postcards are so right for the holiday season. I like the airiness of the snowflakes.

Vicki Miller said...

These are lovely and I really love your mini mandala, if /I haven't said so before