So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

the spark

cleaning up my sewing room was the spark I needed to get back in there and start creating!  In the last two days I've:

made a skirt
simple A-line skirt - I've had this fabric in my stash for a couple of years,
made 8 napkins

Christmas fabric I won at retreat
quilted a baby quilt



baby quilt in progress
for my grandson
baby quilt quilting finished
trimming and binding left
sandwiched 3 table toppers

pieced by someone else - these will all be donations
half done the quilting of one of them
yellow & purple stars
practicing with my rulers

detail
 

What was the impetus for finally cleaning up my space so I could actually be this productive???  Wish I could say it was just time to do it, but chances are I wouldn't have done it on my own, 'coz I am just unbelievably lazy when it comes to cleaning up!  

So, Mad about Patchwork, a wonderful modern Canadian fabric shop, is hosting Sew Canadian a blog hop that will be taking you into the sewing space of various Canadian quilters, and I was asked to participate!  No way I was taking pictures of how my studio was looking!
Every Sunday in July and August, starting tomorrow, July 6, Mad About Patchwork will be posting about two Canadian bloggers' studios.  You get to see where some of your favourite bloggers create, and there will also be a linky party where you can show off your sewing space, too!  

Here's who is participating and when they will be featured:
Schedule:
July 6th – Patti @Retired to Quilt and Krista @Poppyprint
July 13th – Dominique @The Running Thimble and Cinzia @Deux Petites Souris
July 20th – Anita @Daydreams of Quilts and Lorna @Sew Fresh Quilts
July 27th – Shena @Apple Pie Patchwork and Katherine @Sew Me Something Good
August 3rd – Felicity @Felicity Quilts and Josee @The Charming Needle
August 10th – Janet @What Comes Next and M-R @Quilt Matters
August 17th – Erica @Happy Fabric and Jacqui @Treadle Quilts
August 24th – Leanne @She Can Quilt and Jaclyn @Jaclyn Quilts
August 31st – Pam @Mad About Patchwork and Laura @Waffle Kisses


Can't wait to go check out everyone's space, and maybe get some new ideas that will have me spending more time keeping my area neat and tidy!

Happy quilting!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

I need to clean up too. You have done a lot in the last couple of days.

elle said...

Ah, productivity vibes. Always good to catch some!!! I like that skirt!

Beth said...

Sounds like fun. And great motivation to clean up the sewing space. Love that skirt!!!
I can hardly believe you finished so many projects so fast!!! WOW.

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Love your new skirt - beautiful fabric! Way to go being so productive! I love when things fall into place and projects get completed.

Gina said...

Great skirt, and sp many other fabulous projects; I wish I could be that productive in a clean-up! The studio blog h sounds fun!

Maggi said...

You should definitely clean up more often if it makes you this productive.

Renate said...

Wish cleaning up my studio gave me the impetus that gets my creative juices flowing, but it just ain't happening. You've managed to get some wonderful projects done and some new ones on the go! Good for you! Now if I could just get in gear...