So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Marathon!

Nope, I haven't taken up running again, joints don't like it when I do that to them!  Yesterday I had a quilting marathon at our VMQG all day retreat.  Back in early August, members of the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild went down to Seattle to meet up with members of the Seattle and Portland MQG.  It sure looks like they had a great time.  I missed out on that trip, but as a result of their sewing that weekend, two quilt tops came back up here be made into charity quilts and donated locally.  I was asked if I wanted to quilt one and I said sure!

Not having anything else that I felt like working on yesterday, Holly handed over the top, backing, batting and binding, and I set to work.

12 hours later, we have a completed quilt.
Charity quilt VMQG
The finished quilt

VMQG Charity quilt
This quilt is based on Katie Pedersen's Stitch and Flip Triangles method from her book-
lots of negative space to quilt

FMQ pebbles and swirls
Pebbles and Swirls a la Angela Walters

feathers and swirls
I have to have at least 1 feather in there!

(okay, there are still some threads to bury, but Terry's looking after that!)

It was a great day of quilting and fun.
Happy quilting!

16 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Your quilting is so beautiful!! The icing on the cake!

sherry said...

amazing work

Pat Merkle said...

Fabulous quilting!

Holly said...

Janet, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen you quilting like mad all day! I handed you the quilt top in the morning and by the end of the day you had a finished quilt with gorgeous quilting. You're a superstar!

elle said...

What a great quilt! Luv the white background and the wonky patches and the gorgeous quilting!

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

I have to agree with Holly - you're a quilting superstar! I buried the thread ends today, and while doing so got to spend a while closely admiring your swirls and pebbles and feathers.

Renate said...

Stunning as always! and a splendid first class finish!

Maggi said...

Beautiful charity quilt. Wonderful design to showcase your fabulous quilting.

momiji said...

Your quilting is gorgeous, as always, and it was a real treat to see you at work throughout the day. I also appreciated seeing how easily the binding went on--now I have to run out and buy a topstitch foot!

Sue Daurio said...

Just amazing!!! You really made that quilt shine with your beautiful quilting.

Anonymous said...

Wowwza! It turned out amazing. You rock!

Beth said...

That is amazing!!! I can't believe you did that in 12 hours.You do rock!!!

Ivory Spring said...

Lovely quilting!

Vicki Miller said...

gorgeous quilting. I love it

Leanne said...

This is a beautiful quilt! I love your quilting.

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

Love it - you really made an already beautiful quilt sparkle!